Monday, May 25, 2015

Very Delicious Vegan Lemon Cupcakes

Looking through my window and seeing a beautiful peaceful sunset, all nature is relaxed and so am I... everything is so calm and the song sounds in my mind "Summer time and the livin is easy"... :) when the summer is coming I want something fresh and light, something citrus, what would sparkle the colours of summer even more. And I decided to try the new recipe I found - vegan lemon cupcakes (from Naked Cupcakes).. I used to avoid recipes which requires lemon zest, but as I started to learn more about healthy living, I find out some beautiful people, who have a small business of fresh, natural, organic fruits, coming from Spain to Lithuania - sooo amazing! :) so as I got my first lemons and of course I had to do something with them and these muffins definitely goes to my top list.





I can not say, that I was citrus desserts lover, but when these wonderful babies came out of the oven... OMG!!! The smell, the look, THE TASTE - it was just perfect

Recipe:

Wet ingredients:
  • 1 cup soy milk
  • 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 3/4 cup (brown) sugar
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla powder or extract (optional)
  • 1 lemon, zested and juiced


Dry ingredients:
  • 1 1/4 cups flour (about 185g/6.7oz), I used corn 125g, oat 40g and rice 20g flour
  • 2 tbsp corn starch
  • 3/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 100g/3.5oz dark {vegan} chocolate chips


  1. Preheat the oven to 350F/180C and fill your muffin pan with cupcake liners
  2. In a large bowl, whisk together the soy milk and vinegar in a small bowl, and set aside for about 5-7 minutes to let the soy milk curdle
  3. In an other bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt
  4. Beat together the soy milk/vinegar mixture, oil, sugar, vanilla, lemon juice, and lemon zest
  5. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix until well combined
  6. Fill the cupcake cups about 2/3 of the cupcake liners, add chocolate chips and bake for about 20-23 minutes (or about 10 minutes for mini cupcakes) or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted
  7. Enjoy!!! :)



P.S. I made these muffins twice and they turned out slightly differently. I think the difference was made because of the flour I used. Corn flour makes them very light and crispy, yet rice flour is much heavier. The first time my cupcakes was more than perfect, they were divine. Second time I may have used more rice and oat flour and they turned out supper delicious, but they weren't that crispy.

After I will receive more lemons, I will make them few times more, to find out which flour fits the best, and I would love you to comment here and share how these cupcakes was for you, so together we will find the best option :)))


No comments:

Post a Comment