Saturday, February 7, 2015

Buckwheat with Soy & Vegetables

I was thinking about what should I post in my blog? What is interesting for me and what can I share with other fellow vegans... I decided, that I will share simple, delicious recipes also lots of home made food replacements, as it is super important for me and I think for you, as well. :)

But today I was about to share with you super simple dinner, and I asked myself, is it really neccasery? Maybe it's too simple... And I remember, when I started my vegetarian life journey nothing was too simple for me. My first meals were without any spices, because I was afraid to use them, that's why I will share with you even recipes like this one, so you can learn how to make quick delicious lunch for you and your family.



This is that kind of dinner, when you think, that you just want something to eat, nothing special, you are too lazy to do something impressive. If you are super tired you can eat just buckwheat with vegan butter/margarine and salt + tomato or tomato sauce if you want, it's super tasty :)

Ingredients:
  • 250g buckwheat
  • 50g soy cubes
  • vegetable oil
  • 5 tbsp tomato sauce (at least 50% tomato paste)
  • 1 onion
  • 1 small carrot
and some vegetables you have, I used:
  • 1/2 red bell pepper
  • a little bit of pumpkin
  • 1/2 tomato

For the spices:
  • 1 tsp turmeric
  • 1/2 tsp curry 
  • 1/2 tsp red bell pepper powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
  • you can also add some your favorite spices or garlic



Method:

  1. Prepare buckwheat by the instructions on the package
  2. Boil the soy cubes for 15-20 minutes with some spices or just add a little bit of salt
  3. Cut all the vegetables into cubes or slices
  4. Preheat a pan on a medium heat, add some vegetable oil
  5. Add all the spices, cook for 10 seconds
  6. Add carrots and onions, cook for 1 minute and add all of your vegetables
  7. Add boiled soy cubes and cook for few minutes
  8. Finally add cooked buckwheat, tomato sauce and mix everything
You can eat with vegetables and I know it's not very healthy, but it's amazing with vegan mayo



No comments:

Post a Comment