Thursday, September 18, 2014

Vegan oatmeal with cinnamon and berries

I have never liked oatmeal too much. As I remember my mother used to make it with milk and salt, it was good, but I was more sweets person, so now, when I cook on my own I make my vegan oat meal sweet and nutritious - with organic frozen berries. If you have fresh berries you can definitely use them! 





This oatmeal breakfast is healthy and easy to prepare, just like lazy vegan likes. :)

Ingredients
Serves 1
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1 cup milk of choice (or 1/2 cup milk and 1/2 cup water; or just 1 cup of water)
  • 2 tsp of cinnamon
  • 2 tsp of natural sweetener (or 1/2 mashed rape banana)

Method

Put the oats and milk of choice into a small saucepan, turn the heat up to the highest setting and bring the milk to a boil; once it's boiling reduce the heat to the lowest setting and let it simmer for a couple of minutes, stirring occasionally, until it's thickened up a bit. If you're using a banana mash it completely into a pulp, then stir it into the oatmeal. Let it cook for another couple of minutes, stirring occasionally, until it's at your desired consistency; stir in the cacao powder and your natural sweetener of a choice, then pour it into a bowl, top it with whatever you want and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment