Saturday, September 20, 2014

Creamy pumpkin soup with coconut milk & Organic goodies from our garden

Hey, guys! Today I have to show you two things. One is my organic veggie goodies from my uncle's garden and the other things is amazing pumpkin (which I picked up from my uncle) soup with coconut milk. So... let's start!

Pumpkin, Soup, Creamy soup, Healthy, Vegan, Lunch, Dinner, Gluten-Free



All my life I have lived in a small country Lithuania in the middle of Europe. It's very beautiful because of it's nature and all my life I was kind of child of the forest :D my childhood let me to feel the connection with nature, but I didn't always like to help my grampa and parents in the garden, tho. All kids want to play, so work on beautiful summer days doesn't seem as a great thing to do.


But now I enjoy every minute, no, every second in nature, no matter what I do there, I still love it. :)



Our goodies from garden: raspberries, zucchini, pumpkin and some apples. All organic, all supper tasty. Thanks god for such amazing gifts!


You know how we need to eat fruits and berries? Right from the trees! It's the most delicious way to eat them, I don't know why, but it's more tasty and makes such a good feelings!


This raspberry tastes like raspberry - strawberrie. Yummy!
Have you ever seen how pumpkins and zucchinis are grown?




Yellow zucchini, very delicious!:)


PUMPKIN SOUP with coconut milk
Ok, a little tour through our garden ended up. Now it's time for my pumpkin soup! :) I like pumpkin very much, but this soup is adorable with some bread toast and as I became gluten free it seems, that something is missing... I hope I will find vegan gluten-free alternative soon, but for now I love my soup as it is and if I want something to chew I put some tofu cubes in it.

Pumpkin, Soup, Creamy soup, Healthy, Vegan, Lunch, Dinner, Gluten-Free

Ingredients:
~6 servings

  • 88oz (2.5kg) of pumpkin
  • 200ml coconut milk (add more if you like)
  • 8-9 + 3 Tbsp of vegetable oil (I used sunflower seed oil)
  • 2 onions
  • 4 + 1 garlic cloves 
  • 1 carrot
Spices:

  • 1 tbsp + 1 tsp of curry
  • 1 tsp + 1/2 tsp of red sweet pepper powder
  • 1/2 tsp + 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
  • 1 tsp + 1 tsp of salt 
  • 1/4 tsp + 1/4 tsp black pepper
  • 5 cloves
  • 1/2 tsp panch or garam masala, if you don't have it you can use cumin and mustard seed  (optional)
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 1/4 tsp (freshly) grated nutmeg
Method

Pumpkin, Soup, Creamy soup, Healthy, Vegan, Lunch, Dinner, Gluten-Free

Prepare your baking tray, lined with non-stick paper (or silicon sheet) and preheat your oven to 350 degree
  1. Cut the pumpkin, onions and 4 garlic cloves (I always remove the inner green part of onion and garlic). Put everything into the baking tray
  2. Add 8 tbsp of vegetable oil 
  3. Add 1tbsp of curry, 1tsp of red sweet pepper powder, 1/2tsp cinnamon, 1tsp salt, 1/4 black pepper powder, 5 cloves
  4. Mix everything with your hands
  5. Place everything into the oven and bake for 35-45 minutes, stir 1 or 2 times if needed
  6. When the pumpkin becomes soft, remove it from the oven


When it's about 10-15 minutes left to cook for pumpkin, start to make soup broth

  1. diced the carrots
  2. Heat the pot over medium heat
  3. Add 3 tbsp of vegetable oil
  4. Put the carrots in a pot and cook for 20-30 seconds
  5. Add 1tsp of curry, 1/2 tsp of cinnamon, 1/2tsp of red sweet pepper powder, 1/2tsp panch masala (or other masala you like) and bay leaves and 1 crushed garlic clove. cook everything for couple of minutes.
  6. Pour everything liter of water (I poured hot water), add salt, black pepper and nutmeg, boil for few minutes. If you have you can add a little bit of dried leeks.

Pumpkin, Soup, Creamy soup, Healthy, Vegan, Lunch, Dinner, Gluten-Free

Now when you soup broth is ready (1), pull your vegetables into the pot (2) and pour hot water into pot to cover all the vegetables (3), boil for 5-10 minutes. Mix everything with your blender (4) add coconut water and blend everything again.

note: if you need add more salt or other spices and fill it up with positive emotions and love.:)

Pumpkin, Soup, Creamy soup, Healthy, Vegan, Lunch, Dinner, Gluten-Free

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment